Tuesday, August 24, 2021

A Friend in Need of a Doctor

My friend and name-brother, the notorious opinion machine, and promoter of the vaccine, is in need of a doctor. He's just back from Norway where he got his second Pfizer shot only hours before taking a plane back to Portugal.

Going on a flight shortly after a vaccine shot is not a good idea, at least not from what I've gathered. There's something about spike proteins and low air pressure that just doesn't mix well. Still, I hadn't expected my friend to get ill right away, because the odds are low, even if elevated. However, now that he's asking around for a doctor, we can conclude that something unpleasant is at hand.

I'm sure he'll never admit to a link between the vaccine and his illness. But the thought must have struck him, and I'm sure the thought must have struck everybody else he's been talking to. That's the flip side of promoting the vaccine. People remember the selfies and make a connection when illness strikes.

While this is terrible news for my friend, it adds to my repertoire of real life stories. It provides a backdrop of dread in any future confrontation with mutual friends. Mentioning my mother was not enough to shut up a pushy vaccine zealot back in May. But a mutual friend in need of a doctor may do the trick. Either way, my position is strengthened, and there's added dread in the ranks of the vaccinated minions.

Friends
Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment