Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Flu Symptoms

Things are getting a little stressful for my wife at the moment. We had her mother over on Sunday for lunch as usual. Everyone were fine. Except, our son had a bit of a cough. But he's all right by now. However, my stepdaughter woke up with sore muscles and a stomach ache yesterday, and my mother in law just called to say that she too was feeling poorly, with the same symptoms. On top of that, my wife got a call from the municipality asking her if she's taking the vaccine they have been generous enough to reserve for her?

Making things even more complicated, our son has been invited out to a friend's house to enjoy a day at his place. My wife was suddenly desperate for advice.

"Should I tell his parents about our son's recent cough?" she asked.
"No. That would only upset them," I replied.

We should make no mention of any disease, and we must certainly not test ourselves, or go to a doctor. None of us are very ill, so why create a fuss? I'm pretty sure I caught the bug myself, whatever it was. However, if it wasn't for the fact that my stepdaughter got it with more severe symptoms, I would have put it down as mere indigestion.

People are at such high alert these days that they will turn molehills into mountains. They will blame us for causing harm due to our unvaccinated status. It will be a mess.

The biggest problem is my mother in law. She better not get much worse, or we'll have the entire family blaming us. But we have several lines of defence, so I'm not worried. First of all, my mother in law is not very ill. She's likely to recover quite soon. Secondly, Delta has more than one day of incubation time. If she's sick with Delta, then she must have caught it before she came visiting us on Sunday. Most likely, the illness is due to pastries bought on Sunday and eaten by us all.

We won't mention the virus, and we'll dismiss any suggestion otherwise to be plain paranoia. This is sure to pass relatively soon. None of us are going to get very ill, and it will be forgotten, provided we don't stir the pot by saying anything stupid.

Out with family
Out with family

No comments:

Post a Comment