Friday, March 5, 2021

When My Mother Got the Vaccine

My parents have now taken both the first and the second shot of the experimental vaccine that's being pushed by media and politicians alike. They were looking forward to getting their freedoms back, but learned to their disappointment that things will have to go on as before, even with them now being vaccinated. What they also learned was that the vaccine comes with some unpleasant side-effects for some, but not for others. My father experienced no side-effects. However, my mother was not so lucky.

The night after they got their first shot, my mother first experienced a numbing pain in her arm where the shot had been administered. Then, for some time, she lost all strength in this arm. It was not until a few hours later that she regained her strength.

A few days later, she had a similar experience in her legs. They became heavy and without strength. She could hardly walk. But this too subsided after a few hours. It got so bad at one point that my parents considered calling the health centre, but things improved just in time, so they waited with their story until they came for the second shot. My mother told of her experience, but was told by the nurse that this was well within what can be expected from the vaccine. It was nothing to worry about, so they got their second shot.

What I found interesting in this was that the nurse found my mother's experience well within what can be expected. It made me wonder what other experiences the nurse has heard of. My father who is less trusting than my mother expressed similar thoughts. Quite a number of people have died shortly after getting the vaccine. This is supposedly pure coincidence, but now that my father has seen with his own eyes what can happen, he's less convinced by the propaganda. He was also wondering how this will evolve with so many new variants of the virus being discovered. Are we all going to be vaccinated every few months just to stay ahead of the plague?

Smallpox vaccine.jpg
Smallpox vaccine

By Photo Credit: James Gathany Content Providers(s): CDC - This media comes from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Public Health Image Library (PHIL), with identification number #2674. Note: Not all PHIL images are public domain; be sure to check copyright status and credit authors and content providers. Deutsch | English | македонски | slovenščina | +/−, Public Domain, Link

No comments:

Post a Comment