Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Private Surveillance

As an anarchist, I've been at war with the state since forever, so the latest twist of events where the state has gone full totalitarian on its subjects is something I've partially anticipated. The only surprises have been the speed at which the state has moved, and the extent to which most people remain oblivious to what's going on. However, I'm well insulated from both the state and most of my fellow men. Things will have to become a good deal more oppressive before my life will have to change significantly in order to adapt, and I doubt that things will become that bad before something breaks on the side of the state.

It's easy to become defeatist when up against the state, but I've already booked a few victories, and I see no reason to fold in the face of this latest totalitarian push. On the contrary, the totalitarian paradox seems to be at work. The state's bureaucracy is about to revolt. Swiss police complain about unconstitutional orders. There are rumors about French police and fire fighters taking the side of the protesters in Paris. More and more doctors are coming out openly against the vaccines.

All of this is bad news for the state and good news to every liberty loving person. However, I don't expect this war against liberty to be over any time soon. Most people are still in denial. There's still anger, pleading and depression to work through before we reach acceptance, and every stage has its challenges for those of us already in the know about the true nature of the state.

Luckily for us, every institution of the state can be mirrored privately, so there's nothing the state can do that we can't do just as well on our own. We can act as our own central bankers, our own lawyers, our own police and our own intelligence gathering operations. The state does this at an enormous scale. That's necessary because of the enormity of the population they are trying to control.

However, we are merely interested in protecting ourselves. That's a far smaller problem, especially because complexity is exponential with population size. There is no way that the state can monitor all the relationships that exist between all their subjects, no matter how much resources are thrown at the problem. But we can manage our own affairs without trouble because we are no larger than a family.

We operate under natural law while the state operates under millions of lines of legal code. We have God, aka nature, on our side while the state is nothing but a confused beast.

As far as surveillance is concerned, I read Zerohedge, which I find sufficiently good to keep me reasonably up to date on politics and economy. I also keep an eye on Google trends. I'm monitoring sentiments related to gold as well as sentiments related to the vaccine.

Additionally, I keep an eye on the degree of compliance with mask mandates in the streets where I live. Today was for some reason unusually compliant. This must be due to some recent story pushed by the media. But conviction didn't seem to be up with the compliance. People are increasingly aware of the nefarious nature of what's going on. They just haven't quite woken up to it yet.

I wore my don't do drugs T-shirt today, and I put on the mask of the beast when I bought an ice cream for my son in the local park. People are ignoring my messages. Things are quiet and compliant. Nothing much is happening. But I got a feeling that something big is about to happen some time next month.

Three Surveillance cameras.jpg
Surveillance

By CC BY-SA 3.0, Hustvedt - Own workLink

No comments:

Post a Comment