Sunday, January 16, 2022

Sick as a Dog, as Usual

My wife works for a school book publisher. That's the sort of work that can be done from home, and with the plague raging in the media, just about everyone is doing just that. It's great, because it means that my wife can take care of little things through the day while officially at work. That's all the more important to her now that her mother is ill, and at home with us for recuperation.

However, not everyone working from home has managed to stay healthy. One of my wife's colleagues called in sick on Thursday. She's been unable to work for the last few days, even from home. That's how ill she's feeling. But this is not due to the virus. My wife's colleague is ill from the vaccine. She took the booster, and now she's "sick as a dog, as usual." Those were her own words.

This means that my wife's colleague got sick from the first two shots as well. Yet, here she is, taking the booster despite having no gun to her head. My wife and I are unvaccinated, and we have experienced very few inconveniences related to our vaccine status, so nobody can claim that they're forced to take the vaccine. My wife's colleague took the booster voluntarily, despite having fallen ill after the first two shots.

It makes me wonder what's going through people's heads. How dangerous do they think that the virus is? We're dealing with a disease that's no more dangerous than a regular flu, yet people take a vaccine with unknown long term consequences, and personally experienced short term consequences. Will this woman take the next booster as well, I wonder. It wouldn't surprise me if she does. Not that I will properly understand it. But this kind of idiotic behavior is everywhere, and probably going to be around for a good while longer.

Headache-1557872 960 720.jpg
Headache

By Phee - Pixabay, CC BY-SA 4.0, Link

No comments:

Post a Comment