Saturday, January 15, 2022

Miles Mathis - Relativity Corrected

Chapter four, five, six and seven of Miles Mathis' book are dedicated to errors in Einstein's equations, and how to fix them. They are also the final chapters of his book. There's no overall conclusion. The book is not a complete theory. It's a collection of essays, of which many more can be found on Mathis' homepage.

Having no quarrel with Einstein myself, I didn't bother to read these final chapters. I skimmed through them. I'm sure Mathis has some valid points, but this is not of great importance to me. I'm neither for or against Einstein's ideas. Some, I like, others I don't, and for the ones I don't I've proposed a different way of looking at things. There's no space-time in my physics. Instead of curvatures of space, I have an aether with a varying composition relative to massive bodies. This produces much the same math without having to resort to exotic geometry. That's a result I'm satisfied with for my own purpose. I don't need to know the exact details of Einstein's equations to reach this conclusion. We get similar results, and that's good enough for me.

As for Mathis' overall world view, it's clear that he sees relativity as a problem mainly related to measurements. Relativity theory is a way to transform measurements between reference systems. That's a valid way of looking at it, but I don't think he's entirely right. I think there's something real and physical going on. That's why I've proposed a mechanism that makes time move slower for moving bodies.

Time slows down for speeding bodies due to an increase in effort required to transfer energy onto them. Since time is experienced and measured in relation to energy transfers we have time slowing down with increased speed. But this is only noticeable from the outside. The rules of physics remain unchanged within the local frame because the slowing down of time is directly related to a slowing down of the aether and everything else inside the speeding object. It's only when we look out that we notice that things have changed. Everything outside of our reference frame moves at a more frantic pace.

Key to this line of thinking is the presumption of an aether aiding in the transfer of energy onto objects. The equation we get for time dilation is as follows:

Time dilation
Time dilation

The photon represents the aether, acting as medium for energy transfer. The photon has to travel back and forth across the particle to complete the energy transfer. As we see from the resulting formula. Time required to transfer energy onto a particle approaches infinity when its speed approaches the speed of light.

I don't think Mathis will be much impressed by this explanation. He doesn't need it in order to satisfy his equations. But that's not to say that no such mechanism exists. I have no idea who is right and who is wrong in this respect. I don't claim to have fund the solution to all the mysteries of the world. All I'm saying is that my view of things makes for a coherent explanation of observed facts, and I'm sure Mathis can make the same claim.

There's more than one way to approach the problems of physics, and that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment