Sunday, September 26, 2021

A Quick Recovery

I've taken extra care of myself these last few days, hoping in that way to get my sniffles under control. So far, it's been a success. My cold is fading. The sore throat I had a few days ago is pretty much completely cured, and I now only have a light cough and some lingering aches in my muscles.

I've followed my usual procedure. No brisk walks or other activities that may cause a sweat. Staying out of drafts. Paying extra attention to my comfort level. Putting on a sweater if at all cold. Taking a nap if at all tired or achy. Plenty of hot drinks, and foods rich in fats and proteins, fruits and fibers, honey and lemon.

Everybody has their favorite ways to deal with colds, and with the flu season upon us, there will be plenty of chatter related to this. This is something we should encourage, because it reflects the old normal, and with the virus now being classified together with the flu and common cold, at least in Scandinavia, there will be an unspoken subliminal message in all the chatter. What is it about the virus that required such drastic measures, when chicken soup or a lamb roast would work just as well?

A roast lamb dinner at Black Horse Inn, Nuthurst, West Sussex England.jpg
A roast lamb dinner

By Acabashi - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, Link

No comments:

Post a Comment