Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Zeitgeist in Flux

My wife came across a man with a cane yesterday, so there's someone out there who has either thought of this on his own or has been inspired by someone else.

Also of note is a flurry of ideas being shared in the comment section of Zerohedge. Some suggest we should all dress up as thugs. Others point out the recent illegality of wearing a mask. Others still are searching for overall strategies to cope with the totalitarian impulse that has been unleashed with the plague as an excuse.

While this is too little to judge where things are headed, there seems to be a shift in attitude. It's no longer about being pro or anti masks. It's about liberty. We want to make up our own minds. We don't want others to tell us what to do. Our liberty is not something that others can infringe on simply by being vocal or in a majority.

Walking with a cane is one way to display this argument. Whether we're for or against masks is not central. Rather, it's the message that we do as we please and we don't care what others think. We want to be left alone. We reject the Marxist idea that one group can coerce another group into complying with a certain set of rules. We don't identify with any particular group.

Once we realize that this is not about masks, but about Marxist divide and conquer, we find a way out of this mess. We simply refuse to identify with one group or another. We change our minds frequently, and we do as we please.

I for one don't mind if others go around with their masks drawn above their noses. Heck, I may even benefit from it. But that doesn't mean that I must comply myself, and this applies to all things. I don't care if others believe in global manmade warming. I don't care if they think kids should be taught gender identity at school. I'm not paying much in taxes, and I teach my son to ignore gender identity. Why should I take any side in this?

This us against them idea that permeates public discourse is stupid, and I refuse to take part in it. What do I care what others believe? Now that I've started to think more along these lines, I see division everywhere. Just now, there was news on TV about pro and anti mask demonstrations. How stupid isn't that? Nobody benefits from this nonsense beside the Marxists, always eager to turn everything into political strife.

The idea that everything must be resolved through politics has been around for so long that many now assume that it must be so. However, it's easy to show that it doesn't, and it's my hope that these early signs of rebellion is the start of some swift and devastating anti-Marxist change in Zeitgeist. All that's required by us is to show the world around us that it's none of anybody else's business what we do, and the whole Marxist argument falls apart. If we all do our bit in giving this a push, we may see the future develop into something very different from that imagined by the Marxists.

A man with a cane
A man with a cane

No comments:

Post a Comment