Tuesday, April 20, 2021

A Man With a Club

My son and I came across a man carrying his umbrella like a club this morning on our way to school. He was wearing his mask correctly, so he's an ally of our local super hero. However, I was nevertheless pleased to see him. Things are heating up. There's an uneasy feeling of mistrust, and people are starting to dress and behave accordingly. I for one, have not been stopped by hobby fascists since I started dressing up like a Norman thug. The other guy might have had similar experiences, only the other way around. I'm sure he too is better off with his club.

If this continues, people will stop remarking on other people's choices, and we'll end up with a more polite society.

Also this morning, my son and I passed a police constable who's posted next to a building sight. He's been posted there for a few days now, so I've passed him several times already. When I do, I make a point of having my mask drawn up correctly, and to walk in a particularly deliberate and semi-threatening manner. The visual effect intended is that of a man on his way to somebody's house to smash up things and generally create havoc.

After some apparent curiosity by the constable the first two times I passed him by, he's now pretending not to see me. There's nothing he can do. Apart from registering some hostility and general unease, there's nothing to report. However, this is not mere curiosity, because my behaviour together with that of other club wielding characters, is indicative of a decay in government order. Patrolling the streets is no longer a job exclusively done by police officers. There are vigilantes out and about, and if politicians don't soon change their tunes, these vigilantes will end up wielding more authority than the police.

A man with a club
A man with a club

No comments:

Post a Comment