Monday, August 22, 2022

A Ten Year Old Anarchist

My youngest son in Norway has been an anarchist his whole adult life. His two older siblings are both libertarian leaning, but not anarchist. That's all right by me. One out of three isn't bad, especially when considering how demonized the philosophy is.

However, it now looks like I have another little victory here at home in Porto. My ten year old son has just connected the dots that I've been laying out for him. He too is now an anarchist, and it isn't because he doesn't know any better. He's genuinely happy to have learned at an early age that we don't have to accept the idea that some have the right to rule over us.

My boy is also adopting my positive attitude towards Christianity. I'm not sure he fully understands the doctrine, but I've pointed out that it's fully compatible with being an anarchist. Jesus never invoked any other authority than God, nor any law beyond the golden rule. Early Christians were anarchists. They didn't bow to the Romans.

So my son is now a Christian anarchist, at least in his mind. Eager to check this out in the wider world, he posted a comment on Tik Tok, saying something about anarchism.

The reactions were mainly positive. One commenter posted that anarchy doesn't mean no rules. It means no rulers. It's possible to have rules without also having rulers.

It appears that there's a widespread acceptance and understanding of anarchy among the young.

The conditions are ripe for liberty. The damage that lockdowns and mandates have done to people's respect for authority is likely to drive a pivot in that direction. If kids as young as my son are opening their eyes to the great potential of anarchy based on Christian values and norms, we might see a great shift over the coming two generations.

Everyone is by now aware of the horrors that centralized governments can inflict. Everyone has a personal experience with it. They also know a number of victims. Trust in government is therefore on the decline. People will be increasingly open for alternatives. When decent kids like my son shares their views, friends will be influenced.

Liberty
Liberty

No comments:

Post a Comment