Tuesday, July 5, 2022

The 5th Empire - Family as Nation State

I'm no fan of lax abortion laws, and I'm horrified at the thought of infanticide and euthanasia. However, I'm even more opposed to busybodies telling me what to do. Even if I agree with them, I'd rather be without. Hence, I hold an anarchist view on law and order. We don't need a state. Private affairs are nobody's business but the family.

One way of looking at this is to view every family as a nation state, operating with its own legal framework for its internal affairs. I'm the head of Quinanova, so I set the rules in this household together with my wife. I'm king and she's queen.

Problems and issues internal to the family are handled by the family. Such issues includes abortion, infanticide and euthanasia. The nation state of Quinanova is also sovereign when it comes to financial issues. We operate our own central bank. Its holdings are held as secret as possible.

Our dealings with others are based on trust and contracts in much the same way that nation states operate in this way. Conflicts between Quinanova and others are resolved through arbitration. Very rarely is there any need for force. However, we are prepared to deal with intruders, and we are not so insular in our thinking that we will not call the police if needed.

It's perfectly possible to view a family as a sovereign entity, even as we live in a society obsessed with national politics. I view Quintenova as sovereign while at the same time acknowledging the fact that the nation state of Portugal implements rules that I'm supposed to follow. However, I refrain from ever suggesting that the nation state of Portugal should get even more power to implement laws.

My practical everyday approach to national laws and regulations is that I follow those that I find tolerable or unavoidable, and I ignore everything else.

It's my firm belief that the current system of nation states can be completely replaced with family centered anarchy, and that the world will be a lot more peaceful and prosperous for it.

The beauty of family based anarchy is that it can be done without any centralized plan. We don't have to band together, demonstrate in the streets, or petition anyone for permission. We don't have to tell anyone that we view ourselves sovereign in internal affairs.

Such a private declaration of independence is a revolutionary act that requires no sacrifice, only a conviction to let others do whatever they feel is right for them in their private lives.

Café de Flore.jpg
Café de Flore

People - By Arnaud 25 - Own work, Public Domain, Link

No comments:

Post a Comment