Sunday, March 28, 2021

A Medical Miracle

While I have one brother who's open to scepticism when it comes to the plague, I got two other brothers who're considerably less open to any deviation from the generally accepted narrative. However, I don't want this to stop me from suggesting that there's something wrong about the whole thing. But how should I go about it? In their eyes, I'm hopelessly lost in conspiracy theories, so I can't state point blank that the whole thing is a hoax. I can't simply tell them that the plague is only marginally more dangerous than the typical seasonal flu. My older brother tried this the other day, and was met with a mix of horror and silence.

What I'll do instead, is to approach my brothers with a grossly underappreciated fact, namely that Boris Johnson is the only politician ever to have entered intensive care during Easter, only to be released from hospital on Easter Sunday. Not only did Boris Johnson recover completely from the plague itself, he showed no sign of confusion or drowsiness in his video message recorded on the day of his release from hospital. This is an astonishing recovery that journalists should have given more emphasis.

This leaves us with only two possible conclusions. We're either being lied to by politicians and journalists alike, or miracles like this are so common that they don't warrant any comment. However, I'm not going to labour this point. I'll let my brothers dwell on the miracle that took place a year ago, and that no-one questioned for a second. I'll let them check for themselves whether this kind of miraculous recovery is as unusual as I claim. I'll simply mention the odd fact that this was never discussed. I might also mention the odd disappearance of this whole episode from the news. Shouldn't it at least get a mention now, pretty much exactly one year after the miracle took place?

portrait photograph of a 55-year-old Johnson
Boris Johnson

By Ben Shread / Cabinet Office, OGL 3, Link

No comments:

Post a Comment