Sunday, December 19, 2021

Tales from a Covid Survivor

I had the opportunity today to talk to the father of the girl behind the outbreak in my son's class back in November. Turns out his whole family caught it. His daughter had no symptoms. His son and wife had a light fever, and the man himself lost his sense of smell for a few days.

He had to self isolate for a total of 24 days as a result of this. First, because he'd been in contact with his own family, and then due to the virus itself, which he caught when the rest of his family were fully recovered.

The good part of this is that he and his family now are immune. They cannot infect anyone, and no-one can infect them. But he's nevertheless showing up in front of my son's school with his mask on. I didn't make a point of this, but I find it telling that even those who know they're immune choose to comply with the mask rules.

However, seeing me without my mask on, he decided to refrain from putting it on. He also let it slip that he finds the political aspect of the pandemic concerning. Yet, there he was, prepared to put on his mask at a moment's notice.

Camp x-ray detainees.jpg
Guantanamo Bay detention camp

By Shane T. McCoy, U.S. Navy - (copied from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Camp_x-ray_detainees.jpg so that the image can be used on Wikinews.), Public Domain, Link

No comments:

Post a Comment