Saturday, October 30, 2021

Leveraging Happy Circumstances

Key to success in life is to live contented within our means, and to make wise investments. The successful implementation of such a lifestyle yields the dual benefit of relative affluence and the admiration of our peers. However, this kind of success doesn't happen over night. Impatience can easily get the better of us and ruin in one go years of carefully accumulated wealth. That's why I put down a plan in writing where I lay out the sort of things I will do and the sort of things I won't do.

My plan is formulated in such a way that it will always be current. I'm not dependent on anything going one way or the other. The only premise is that certain things are eternal, and therefore always valid. There's no final goal to my plan, nor any milestones, and it scales up and down the social and economic ladder. Anyone can use it as it is or take whatever they find useful in order to lay out their own plan.

As things are at the moment, I've reached a point of affluence relative to my peers. This doesn't mean that I'm rich in any conventional sense. I live a modest life with little luxury spending. Nor am I particularly successful. I have no great career and I wield no political power. However, I'm independently wealthy, and that's success in most people's minds.

There's no lack of people materially better off than I am. But are they richer than me if their wealth depends on politicians, employers and bank connections? I would say no, and many would agree with me, especially in our times when many find themselves force to go along with absurd agendas, pushed by people we detest.

I've been in my current happy circumstances for close to five years now, and there's no sign of any let up in my good fortunes. My plan is unfolding as anticipated. Little by little, my wife and I add to our material comforts. We convert some of our profits into home improvements, furniture and art.

Inexpensive antique furniture
Inexpensive antique furniture

These upgrades don't go unnoticed by family and friends who conclude that my wife and I are enjoying some success in our lives. My most skeptical peers may still think that we're living beyond our means, but this impression is fading. They too are starting to realize that my wife and I really did find a way to achieve a comfortable and independent lifestyle.

There's a growing notion that I figured something out, and that I might know a thing or two about finance and lifestyle. This in turn is something I leverage for my pet projects. People understand the importance of good decision making, so they take note when I vent an opinion on something.

The fact that I'm unvaccinated is causing a stir. People know that I'm right in many things, so my vaccine status is making my vaccinated peers uncomfortable. My opinion weighs in more heavy than that of others because my life doesn't depend on me always taking a politically correct position. I can be completely honest.

Unlike most people, I'm a sovereign. I don't have to go along with the popular delusions of our day, and therein lies the true power of my lifestyle.

Inexpensive fine art
Inexpensive fine art

No comments:

Post a Comment