Monday, October 18, 2021

A Beautiful Morning in Porto

Mask usage was never evenly distributed across Porto. Parks and beaches never saw much of it. Affluent areas saw less usage than poorer areas.

My neighborhood has been relatively conform. People do what they're told, even if they don't have much faith in what's being said. I put this down to the area being a typical workers neighborhood with a mix of low skilled laborers and office clerks. These are people who're used to doing what they're told even if it makes little to no sense.

However, less than 30% of the people I crossed paths with on my morning walk wore their masks. There were a clear majority of people not wearing it at all, and a small minority wearing it properly, as advised on TV.

This drop in compliance happened over the weekend, which makes me think that there has either been another official rollback of rules or a drop in virulent propaganda. I don't follow mainstream news too closely, so I don't know. But whatever it was, it has resulted in even less compliance with recommendations. Fear is evaporating, and clear thinking is making a comeback.

It's starting to dawn on people that politicians and their minions in media cannot be trusted. It's clear that there never was a big risk to humanity. It was all a bunch of media driven hysteria.

Good morning Porto
Good morning Porto

No comments:

Post a Comment