Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Taxed to Death

I recently had to sell my house in order to pay property taxes. The experience was harrowing. I was thrown into a deep depression, and I was riddled with angst.

The taxman, with the full support of the state apparatus, was forcing me to act contrary to my wishes. He had laid claim to my house, forcing me to pay rent in the form of property tax, and when I found myself unable to pay, I was forced to sell, as if I was some serf in a feudal system.

At the depth of my angst riddled depression I was close to getting a heart attack, and I was sure I would not last much longer. However, I managed to pull myself together and recover, but just barely.

It makes me wonder how many people die at the hand of the taxman every year, and how many lives could be saved by simply lowering the tax rate.

Mummonmökki.jpg
A cottage for the husmann

By Valtov at fi:wikipedia - Originally from fi:wikipedia, Public Domain, Link

No comments:

Post a Comment