Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Planning a Summer Vacation

My guess is that our current situation will last another year. However, that hasn't kept me from planning next year's summer vacation. There was a lull in the madness this summer, and I'm hoping for something similar to happen next summer.

I've involved my children in Norway in the planning to get them warm to the idea of coming down to Portugal for a week to stay with me and my new family. The plan is to rent a house by the sea for us to stay in.

However, this planning has had an unfortunate side-effect. My unvaccinated son decided to get himself vaccinated for the trip. He has taken his first shot.

That was not at all what I had in mind for him. Besides, the trip will happen more than six months from now, and vaccines are only effective for about five months. He'll have to take a booster to keep his green pass.

Everyone who's fully vaccinated today will have to take the booster by next summer if they are to use their green passes.

This had for some reason escaped my son. I had to point this out to him. Only then did he realize what sort of mess he's getting himself into by joining the vaccine bandwagon.

Hopefully, my son will come to his senses and refrain from taking the second shot.

Smallpox vaccine.jpg
Smallpox vaccine

By Photo Credit: James Gathany Content Providers(s): CDC - This media comes from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Public Health Image Library (PHIL), with identification number #2674. Note: Not all PHIL images are public domain; be sure to check copyright status and credit authors and content providers. Deutsch | English | македонски | slovenščina | +/−, Public Domain, Link

No comments:

Post a Comment