Tuesday, November 2, 2021

A Medieval Court

The state and their affiliated banks and registry offices can confiscate our house, bank accounts and paper assets at the stroke of a key. This is a reality that I came up against back in 2017 when I was on the hook for a confiscatory tax payment related to my relocation to Portugal.

The way around this was to transfer my wealth to my wife and children, and to buy physical gold.

I have since conducted my affairs through this arrangement of proxies. At no point is anything directly associated with me. I own no real estate, I have no bank account, and I have no paper assets. Everything is owned by my wife and children. Not even the gold is mine. It belongs to my son in Porto.

I describe this arrangement in my book on the matter, and I can attest that I have had no problems with it in the five years that the arrangement has been in place. My children accept my authority, and my wife acts obediently as a proxy when it comes to bank matters.

Our arrangement has the feel of a medieval court; a little like a game of chess. I'm the king of the board, slow moving and not very apt at throwing punches, but nevertheless the piece most directly associated with the player. My wife acts as the fast moving queen, and my children are the knights and bishops. The point of the game is to gain control of the board while protecting the king, who directs the game from his protected position.

My wife and children afford me protection at no cost to themselves. They are all better off as a consequence of our arrangement, and my wish for them is that they too will withdraw from the grip of the state at some point. My children will themselves become sovereigns as they grow older, and my wife will have even less to do with the state once she chooses to retire from her present job.

This is an ancient arrangement, often described in fairly tales. There's progression from servant status to status as sovereign king. Once sufficient funds have been acquired, the prince becomes a king and the princess a queen.

The great value of this may not be immediately apparent. However, it's becoming increasingly important to implement something like this in order to protect our personal wealth and freedom. The state of Australia is confiscating wealth form its citizens for trivial and highly artificial reasons, and other states are likely to do similar things in the years to come. Anyone determined to resist tyranny without loss of property must therefore take action to protect themselves.

Keep in mind that the tyrants of the world will threaten to throw people in jail if they don't pay their fines. That's an outcome that the king must accept. The king must remain calm when threatened by the state. He mustn't fold simply because his phone glows hot with threats from agents of the state.

My experience is that the state doesn't in the end act on their threats. No-one came to our door to arrest me for not paying my taxes. However, that might have been different if I was a more prominent person. Part of my strategy is therefore to remain an obscure outsider and move things forward through the network effect that comes with example, kindness and honesty in  my relations to friends and family.

If I can influence two or three people to act sensibly in the face of tyranny, and they do the same through their own personal success and god example, things will snowball into an unstoppable movement without me ever playing a central part of anything.

The winning move is not to attack the opponent directly, but to take care of our own affairs in a way that makes us sovereign within our own realm.

ChessStartingPosition.jpg
Chess

By Bubba73 at English Wikipedia, CC BY-SA 3.0, Link

No comments:

Post a Comment