Wednesday, November 10, 2021

My Daughter's Boyfriend

I have a daughter in Bergen. She has lived there close to ten years now. She works as a teacher. Last year, she bought an apartment. Things are humming along nicely. However, her boyfriend has fallen ill. He's been bedridden for ten days with something more serious than the flu. What exactly it is, she didn't tell me. My daughter didn't want to talk about it when I had her on the phone yesterday, so we ended up talking about other things.

My immediate thought was that he's probably ill with something vaccine related, and with that in mind I decided not to push for more details. My daughter and I ended up quarreling back in August when she told me that she'd taken the vaccine, and that she's been telling her boyfriend to do the same, and I didn't want us to get into another quarrel.

Besides, there's nothing either of us can do now that the damage has been done. Telling my daughter that she should have taken my advice would serve no purpose. We focused instead on vacation plans for next summer. My hope is to see them here in Portugal in July, both fit and healthy, and with his illness a distant memory not worth mentioning.

Ship Garthsnaid, ca 1920s.jpg
Navigare necesse est

No comments:

Post a Comment