Monday, May 3, 2021

Planning Ahead

I'm just back from my daily walk out in the streets of Porto, and from what I could see, full compliance with the mask wearing mandate is back to about 50%, which makes me think that we'll soon see the end of this. If the politicians don't come up with an excuse to end it, the people of Porto will end it themselves. Since politicians hate to be exposed as toothless tigers, I expect an official statement making mask wearing optional outdoors, but nevertheless recommended.

When this happens, I plan to continue wearing my mask as I do now, at least for a few more weeks. I will wear my mask under my nose, and if anybody asks about this, I'll tell them that I do this because I rather enjoy it. I like walking about like a thug, and I don't see why I should stop doing it.

Fashion statement
Fashion statement

This will achieve several objectives. It will make it clear that I never took the mask wearing mandate seriously. It will also make it clear that those who switched from wearing their masks correctly to suddenly not wearing them at all were merely afraid to make a statement. It will also make the ones still wearing the masks correctly look foolish.

No comments:

Post a Comment