Saturday, May 15, 2021

A Deleted Post

An odd thing happened to the post I wrote last night. It got deleted by Google for some obscure reasons that I cannot figure out. They claimed that it contained links to some virus. But the only links I had were to my own stuff and to a picture found on Wikipedia.

Anyway, long story short, the post was about labour conditions during so called dark ages. My point was that private contracts replace public contacts when the state fails. This happened after the late Bronze Age Collapse that took place in the Eastern Mediterranean, and it happened again after the collapse of the Roman Empire.

As evidence, I referred to folk lore and fairy tales that tell of private kingdoms, entrepreneurships and adventure. Rather than dark and dreary, these periods were full of adventure and opportunity, and more in tune with human nature than the current state-centred system.

My prediction was that we will see a similar shift in society as we come to the end of this current crisis. There will be a return to the societal structures of old, with servants, tradesmen, craftsmen and land owners. Private kings and queens will rule over small kingdoms, no larger than a typical municipality. Life will be exciting and full of opportunities.

Whatever Google fond offensive was clearly not the message, as it was full of hope and joy for the future. But what exactly Google found, I will probably never know, because the post has been deleted by them and cannot be reviewed by me. Nor were they very specific as to what exactly I had done wrong.

The mask of the beast
The mask of the beast

No comments:

Post a Comment