Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The Gravity Mystery

Late September 2016, I published an essay called The Gravity Mystery in which I enumerated the many strange facts I had come across related to gravity. My intention was to extract some kind of conclusion related to the true nature of this force.

This turned out to be a turning point in my thinking about gravity and physics in general. The enumeration of the many oddities, and the systematic thinking about their implications led me to conclude that gravity had to be, at least in part, related to capacitance.

This in turn led me to Morton Spears' work on gravity and his simple model of the atom, which when combined with Halton Arp's observations about quasars and their red shift, formed the basis of my discovery that all physical phenomena, including gravity, can be explained in terms of particles either joining together to form structures, or bouncing into each other to create force.

I had at last found a simple theory that could explain, not only gravity, but a whole range of other phenomena for which I had not originally sought to find a solution. This theory was laid out in The Velcro Universe, and its appendix, The Velcro Cosmos.

I can of course highly recommend my two books. However, what is often more interesting than a theory on its own, is the story behind it. A theory is merely a conclusion, often a rather personal one that a reader may not fully agree with. The facts that led to the conclusion, on the other hand, are open ended and full of intrigue. The mystery is often the best part of the story. The solution is but a interesting aside.

Quetzscale1.png

By Matt Martyniuk (Dinoguy2), Mark Witton and Darren Naish - Own work, CC BY 3.0, Link

No comments:

Post a Comment