Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Blogging as Coffee Break Chatter

I've given up on social media, and I can't say I miss it. Outside a handful of forums that sometimes share something of interest, there's too much emotion and little originality. There's also an obsession with truth that I find tiring. Truth to me is secondary to originality. It's more important that an idea is original than that it is accurate, because it's originality that sparks ideas of value. The premise may be false, but if the reasoning is original, there may be something of value in it anyway. Such thinking triggers the imagination, and therein lies its value.

The problem with social media is that it's too public. It has too much in common with newspapers where the exact truth and meaning of every little thing is discussed with a passion. This is much less the case for a blog, certainly a low key blog like this one. Here I can express my thoughts without any concern about my readers' sensitivities. If anyone finds my thoughts wrong headed or boring, move on. This blog is my coffee break chatter.

Blogging has been a great way to organize my thoughts, and I can highly recommend it for others. The fact that others can read my blog gives discipline, and discipline gives structure. Over time, a lot of things fall into place. The world becomes a less confusing place.

Coffee break
Coffee break

No comments:

Post a Comment