Monday, July 10, 2017

Not as Newtonian as I Thought

I've had some interesting discussions on Facebook with a certain Bob Ham. He pressured me to produce the formal equation for the capacitor model, and to prove that it would yield Kepler results for our solar system.

It turns out that the formula I came up with only yields Kepler results for systems where the central object is significantly larger than the orbiting objects. In cases where three or more similar sized objects orbit each other, I cannot prove that the results will turn out similar to those predicted by Newton.

However, we know from observation of globular clusters and centers of galaxies that things do not behave very Newtonian in cases where a lot of large and similar sized objects are closely orbiting each other. Also, there appears to be a close relationship between gravity mass and charge that could possibly lead to some simplifications in my calculations. But without knowing exactly how this relationship works, no simplifications can be made.

As a final test of the capacitor model, similar sized objects such as Pluto and its moons can be used. I remain confident that such configurations can be explained just as well using the capacitor model as it is explained using Newton. With the proper charge and mass allocated to each object, the numbers should turn out right. However, it remains to be seen if this is the case. The calculations to show something like this is more than I can do in an afternoon.

Rotation curve of spiral galaxy Messier 33 (Triangulum).png


No comments:

Post a Comment