Friday, April 29, 2022

The 2017-2018 Flu Season

Having found very little evidence of any pandemic in Wikipedia's notable deaths, I've decided to take a closer look at the data to see if I can find anything noteworthy. I'm going through every month, starting with January 2018, and in doing this I've found that February 2018 is a big outlier. Relatively young people were dying at an unusually high rate.

I decided to search for this, and sure enough, the 2017-2018 flu season was the most severe in at least a decade.

Interestingly, Wikipedia's data for the 2020 flu season has many deaths, but nothing indicating that it was very severe for those under 70. By the look of it, 2017-2018 was the really dangerous flu season for the relatively young.

The mask of the beast
The mask of the beast

No comments:

Post a Comment