Wednesday, February 23, 2022

My Vaccine Enthusiast Friend

I have a childhood friend who's always quick to parrot the official narrative, and share this with her friends on Facebook. She lives in Norway, but is allowed to vote in France, so we all got to hear from her how wonderful Macron would be as a president back in the days when he was portrayed in the media as a genius outsider who could fix all that's wrong in France.

That didn't go so well. But never mind that, when the vaccines were all the rage, she was first in line when her age group was called upon, and she recently got her booster.

Everything she does is photo-documented. Her every opinion is widely announced. She's a diligent complicity theorist. So much so that I've mentioned her twice before. First as a contrast to myself who'd rather be in the minority than the majority when the majority is becoming overtly myopic. Then as an example of someone worth supporting despite her ill advised actions. I predicted back then that she would get herself into trouble and that she would be in need of some comforting words.

As it turns out, my vaccine enthusiast friend has gotten so ill with the virus that she's barely able to move. She's been bedridden for ten days straight. But she's in denial as to the cause of all this. She keeps telling us how pleased she is with her three shots, and that she would have been worse off had it not been for the mystery serum.

However, I remember the comments back in May when she decided to take the first two shots. Many were surprised that someone as fit and robust as she would even consider it. Why take the vaccine if the chances of her getting seriously ill are virtually null? Others thought her very wise, of course. But they were not the only ones commenting, and it would be strange if all of the dissenting voices back then have been completely forgotten by now.

I have not written anything on her wall. I don't think I'm the right person to do so. I'm too conspicuously in the other camp. But I do wish her the best. I still like her. She's well meaning, and there's no point in making things harder for her by telling her that she made some stupid mistakes.

Her desire to be an obedient subject made her blind to the dangers. That's sad, but no reason to gloat. My hope is that she'll be better soon, and that the experience has made her wiser and less inclined to parrot the official narrative.

Ara-ararauna.jpg
Parrots

By Jan Smith from Brisbane, Australia - Hello, hello! Uploaded by Snowmanradio, CC BY 2.0, Link

No comments:

Post a Comment