Sunday, August 20, 2023

Olive Oil as Medicine

When I look up the medical uses for olive oil, I get a whole list of things its good for. It appears to be a powerful anti-inflammatory agent. When ingested, it prevents all sorts of illnesses, ranging from dementia to colon cancer. Applied to our skin, it treats fungus infections, dry skin and acne.

Having applied olive oil to various parts of my body for well over a month now, I can voucher for the beneficial effect. My bad foot is much better, my itchy butt crack is no longer bothering me, haemorrhoids are gone, dry skin, small wounds and a minor case of acne have all been healed. The effect is remarkable.

Especially surprising is the benefit of olive oil on acne because oily skin is thought to be an important factor in this condition. How then is the application of more oil of benefit? The only explanation is that oil mixes well with oil, and olive oil has anti-inflammatory properties. When applied to acne, olive oil enters the wound and heals it. I'll keep this in mind once my boy reaches puberty. If he gets hit with acne, I'll suggest he applies some olive oil to them.

All of this must have been known since ancient times, because the Greeks applied olive oil to their skin as part of their washing routines. The fact that this is now something of a public secret is yet another sign of the harm that modern medicine has caused by pushing their own remedies over the age old ones. Natural remedies that have been effective for centuries have been replaced by expensive alternatives sold by the medical establishment.

Oliven V1.jpg
Olive oil

By Poyraz 72 - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, Link

No comments:

Post a Comment