Tuesday, May 7, 2019

A Farewell to Party Politics

As a citizen of the 5th Empire, I do not waste my time on party politics. While my sympathies lie with the libertarian movement, I do not think it fruitful or even proper to get directly involved.

Most people do not want to be free. They do not want a libertarian world, and it is a great waste of energy to try to convince them otherwise. It is much better to focus on my own affairs and leave party politics for others.

I keep an eye on political developments, not as a fan of one party over another, but for practical purposes. I do not want to get stuck in a hostile environment. I do not want to be ruled. It is therefore important to know what my enemies are up to.

With a dispassionate position regarding politics, I can more fully appreciate its entertainment value. I can also take rational decisions, unhindered by political sympathies. As a result, I feel liberated.

I deal with illiberal laws in a pragmatic manner. I have no qualms in breaking laws that exist solely to subdue me.

Free from the sort of wishful thinking that comes with party politics, I do not get discouraged or frustrated when the winds of change blow in a certain direction. Nor do I get my hopes up when the winds appear to be favorable.

My loyalty is to my family and friends. That's it. I have no intention of serving a nation or a political leader, and I'm certainly not going to risk my life to protect them. However, when it comes to my nearest and dearest, I will gladly risk jail and even death to ensure their well being and safety into the future.

Desert Dawn.jpg

Dawn - By Jessie Eastland - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, Link

No comments:

Post a Comment