Wednesday, September 13, 2017

To Double in Size

I woke up this morning wondering how fast I had to move in order to double my rest mass.

The reason for my wondering was the fact that the Velcro model associates energy with size. If I double in energy, I double in size.

In fact, if I double in energy my volume goes up by eight times. I'll double in all three dimensions.

Of course, someone has already figured out the answer to my question. To double my energy, I'll have to move at 87 percent of the speed of light.

That's why we don't see the average car speeding up the road as any bigger than a stationary car. Inertial mass is such an efficient energy storage structure that any additional energy added to it is imperceptible in terms of size before speeds are way beyond what we consider normal.

To achieve one percent in size increase, we have to move at two percent of the speed of light. That's about 6,000 kilometers per second.


No comments:

Post a Comment